Based in Merthyr Tydfil
We are looking for a Rural Policy Adviser/Surveyor to provide advice, opinion and guidance to our members and contribute to the policy development work in Wales.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a key player in a small and flexible team supporting the delivery of all CLA activities in Wales. The breadth of issues covered by the team is broad – from rural economic development; housing and planning in rural Wales; all aspects of land use including agriculture, forestry, tourism, renewable energy; CLA Cymru is also a key stakeholder for Government in developing post Brexit policy for our sector.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level and /or experience in working in an environment dealing with rural issues and will demonstrate:
- An understanding of the evolving devolution settlement for Wales
- Knowledge and experience of working with issues facing rural Wales
- An ability to travel around Wales
- A professional qualification as a Rural Surveyor is desirable, however, other professional qualifications or equivalent experience will be considered
- Knowledge of the political and policy making processes in Wales and Westminster would be a benefit
- Welsh language skills will be considered favorably, but not essential
This is a full-time post with a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply please send a covering letter, setting out how you meet the criteria included your current remuneration and CV to email@example.com by 9am Monday 3 April 2017 .
For more information, please visit www.cla.org.uk.