The CLA is the membership organisation representing the interests of owners of land, property and business in rural England and Wales. The regional office is based in Woodseaves near Stafford and covers eight counties in the Midlands.
The Events Manager will organise, co-ordinate and administer events on behalf of the CLA Midlands. The successful candidate will work closely with the Midlands team and be responsible for securing commercial partnerships that will generate sponsorship to support the CLA events and activities throughout the year. Experience with running an extensive events programme would be beneficial.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential for this role as well as a high level of computer literacy.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well in a pressured environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience in an event environment would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Ensure that a forward schedule of appropriate social, technical and professional events is planned and that all the relevant arrangements and notifications have been made.
- Organise venue, facilities and on site arrangements for events and to make records of those wishing to attend.
- Identify, introduce and, if appropriate, conclude contractual arrangements with suitable corporate partners to the CLA, with the primary objective of securing financial and other support for the CLA Midlands Region.
- Liaise with the Regional Director to plan and make the necessary arrangements for attendance at shows, exhibitions and conferences organised by third parties.
- Maintain complete and efficient records relating to each specific event and the overall regional programme.
- Prepare a forecast and income and expenditure account for each event and show.
- Managing any financial processes around income for ticket and sponsorship.
- Support and contribute to all routine office duties, including telephone reception, as appropriate.
- A full driving licence and a car is required as the position involves travel throughout the Midlands region.
To apply please email your CV and a cover letter setting out how you meet the criteria for the role to Caroline Bedell, Director Midland firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline for application is 25 May 2018 .