We are looking for a tax expert to join the CLA’s Tax department, reporting to the Chief Taxation Adviser. This is a varied and intellectually stimulating role suitable for someone with an interest in advising landowners and rural businesses on their tax affairs as well as providing the opportunity to assist in the development and promotion of the CLA’s Tax policy to Government and other opinion formers, decision makers and stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be either a Solicitor, Barrister, a Chartered Tax Adviser, a Chartered or Certified Accountant or be a HMRC officer and will demonstrate:
- a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the tax issues relevant to landowners and rural businesses, in particular IHT and CGT;
- excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to explain sometimes complex issues in an understandable manner tailored to suit different audiences and situations.
- self-motivation with an efficient, flexible and resourceful approach to working.
- a team player who is also happy to work independently
- Ability to cope flexibly with changing demands while meeting deadlines
Please apply in writing, by email, explaining how you meet the criteria for the position together with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.